We collect the following categories of personal information (PI) from consumers who use the service offered by the website: (1) personal identifiers (name, address, email, and phone); and (2) data related to the type of coverage or services sought.
We collect this information for the purpose of directing your request to the appropriate service provider.
To opt-out of PI sales, go to Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
Our U.S. based company operates two primary websites, SelectMyPolicy.com and SelectMyQuotes.com.
SelectMyPolicy.com is a free service for consumers that makes it easier to find the most affordable rates for insurance. Just fill out one easy form and licensed insurance agents will put together a price quote for you to review. Our state-of-the-art technology and wide network of insurance companies will match you with licensed insurance agents in your area.
Our company is incorporated, independent and not owned by any of the service providers that may contact you. The information and/or work estimates provided to you are coming from licensed insurance agents who have membership in our partner network. These licensed insurance agents are authorized by their respective organizations to provide you with this information. You are under no obligation to purchase any services offered to you.
SelectMyPolicy.com is a website that helps consumers find insurance quotes for Auto, Health, Medicare, Life, Home, and Renters insurance.
SelectMyQuotes.com is a website that supports the home improvement industry for consumers.
By completing the form on any of our websites, you may get matched with providers in your area who will contact you to discuss your needs and provide estimates.
Our websites work fast. Simply fill out the free no obligation to enroll form on either site, which usually takes about 2-3 minutes, and you will start receiving inquiries quickly (from insurance agencies or licensed insurance agents) often within minutes. It's that easy!
After completing the form on either of our websites, licensed insurance agents or insurance providers will usually begin contacting you within the hour. Other providers may take up to 24 hours to contact you.
No. Our websites are completely free for all consumers interested in speaking with a licensed insurance agent or insurance provider. Consumers have no obligation to purchase anything from any provider that may contact you.
Effective Date: May 15, 2012
Update Date: December 20, 2022
We recognize that your privacy is important. This Policy discloses the privacy practices for the Company’s family of Websites (collectively, the “Site”), as well as related products and services we may offer to you (collectively referred to as the “Services”). This Policy also covers how personal and other information that we receive or collect about you is treated.
If you are a resident of a state that has enacted comprehensive consumer privacy laws (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia) please review our Privacy Rights for Residents of Certain States here.
You should know that we may provide third party content or links to third-party websites or applications (for example, links to websites of companies we partner with if you request to view a quote or other information). When you leave our Services or interact with a third-party feature, you should also read the applicable third party's privacy policies and Terms and Conditions to make sure you understand how they might collect and share information about you.
We care about your privacy and have drafted this policy to be as easy to read as possible. Please read it and if you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com.
BY USING THE SITE AND/OR OFFERINGS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE SITE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
Section A. What Information We Collect
There are three primary ways we collect information about you: (1) when you give it to us, (2) through automated technologies, and (3) by asking others for it. We’ve broken down each of those three categories in further detail below.
1. Information You Provide to Us
First, you may provide information to us in various ways, such as through forms or other means offered through our Services. The most likely way you’ll provide us with information about yourself is by entering it in our web form in order to have us connect you to a service professional that will help you meet your needs. For example, we will ask you some basic questions about your medical history in order to generate a health insurance quote for you. The types of information you provide us fit into two categories. Personally identifiable information (“PII”) is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, email address, or phone number. Non-Personal Information is information about you or your household that, on its own, doesn't identify you personally, like your gender, income or what types of products you're interested in.
When we combine information that isn't Personal Information (like Usage Information, as explained below) with Personal Information, we treat it like Personal Information for as long as it is combined.
2. Information We Automatically Collect
Device Information. We collect information about your device, such as your operating system, application or browser type and version, and unique identifiers associated with your device.
Log Information. We automatically collect certain information in system logs or similar files about how you interact with our Services, such as which buttons you click on. This Log Information may also include things like your IP address, browser or device configuration, date and time of access and cookie information.
Information Used to Reidentify. We collect information in order to reidentify you across multiple browsing sessions and devices (for instance, connecting your current browsing with a prior session in which you provided us your name).
Location Information. We may use certain information like your IP address or other Device Information or Log Information to estimate your location. We may also request to use location-enabled services on your device (which typically provide GPS or Wi-Fi access point details) to enhance our Services.
We, or other parties we do business with, may place or recognize unique cookies or other technologies on your browser when you visit our Services to collect information about your use of the Services and your other online activities over time and across different websites and apps, and may use that information to serve interest-based advertisements to you as you browse the Internet. To learn more about interest-based advertising, please review the information below:
To opt-out of such collection and use for online behavioral advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) participating companies in the United States, please visit:http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and DAA AppChoices – http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices/.
To opt-out from the use of information about your online activities for online behavioral advertising by NAI member companies, visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive advertisements that are not customized based on your usage Information. We do not respond to any "Do Not Track" signals we receive from a user's web browser.
3. Information Third Parties Provide to Us About You
Third, to provide you with more personalized product recommendations, we collect information about you from third parties and from other sources, such as publicly available databases, providers of demographic information, and social media platforms. For example, we may collect information from a third party to verify the address you provided or to help us understand your occupational background.
Section B. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from you and third parties to operate our Services, like provide you with a referral to a service provider, communicate with you, and improve your experience. These are a few examples of how we use the information we collect:
To provide personalized services to you. We use the information we collect to provide the Services to you in a personalized way. Insurance and other professional services products are complex and we therefore do not take a one-size-fits-all approach to helping you find the right products. The information we collect enables us to do this by giving us a more detailed picture of who you are.
To improve our Services. We are constantly trying to improve our Services. The information we collect also helps us improve the experience we provide to consumers and the way we match consumers to product recommendations in real time.
To communicate with you. Part of providing personalized services is quickly connecting you with real people who can help walk you through your services options. Therefore we use the information you provide to contact you about the quotes or other product recommendations you requested through our websites. For example, if you provide your phone number and email and then consent to being contacted by us, we will likely have one of our service partners call you to follow up on your inquiry. We may also text and email you information about how to contact us, specific offers, and other information pertinent to your services inquiry (i.e., Open Enrollment deadlines for health insurance inquiries).
Opting Out of Further Communication. While we aim to make it as easy as possible for you to talk directly with an expert, we will honor your request not to be contacted further. You can easily opt-out of further communications from us by requesting to be placed on our Do Not Call list, by replying “STOP” to our text messages.
For legal reasons. We operate in accordance with the law and therefore we reserve the right to access, use, preserve, transfer or disclose, at any time without notice to you, any information related to your use of our Services as reasonably necessary to do any of the following: comply with applicable law; respond to complaints, legal actions or governmental requests; enforce our Terms and Conditions; or respond to other similar matters.
Section C. When We Share or Sell the Information We Collect
In order to help connect you with insurance and other professional services providers, we work with a number of partners to deliver the Services and therefore share information with those partners. Also, we sometimes may - with your express permission - sell the information you provide to third parties to help better meet your needs. The following is a list of how we share and/or sell your information in connection with your use of our Services:
Share information with our partners (e.g., insurance carriers, insurance agents, home improvement services providers, etc.) to provide and improve our Services. We may share information about you with the third-party partners we collaborate with to provide you the Services you requested. For example, we work closely with certain insurance services companies to provide our customers with personalized insurance quotes. When you request a quote, we may therefore share your information with the carriers to generate the quote for you. Or we may call you and redirect your call directly to agents of one of those carriers to walk you through your options. Or we may redirect you to the website of one of those partners and pre-populate your information there to help seamlessly satisfy your financial services inquiry.
Sell information to third-party providers with your permission. Where we think others can offer you helpful products, after obtaining your permission, we may sell your information to third parties who will try to meet your needs. These third parties may be other insurance agencies, insurance carriers, home services providers, or other entities that facilitate the process of connecting customers with service providers.
As part of a corporate change. We may disclose and transfer information about you to a third party as part of, or in preparation for, a change of control, restructuring, corporate change, or sale or transfer of assets.
In accordance with California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) California residents may, no more than once per calendar year, request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To be valid, requests must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within thirty days of receiving this authenticated request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of the third parties.
For legal reasons. We reserve the right to transfer or disclose information about you to third parties for certain legal purposes as described above.
Section D. How We Protect Your Information
At our Site you can be assured that your PII is secure, consistent with current industry standards. We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your PII.
• We work hard to ensure that the data we collect is reliable, accurate, complete and current. We encrypt all PII, in order to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us. We also only keep collected information only for as long as reasonably necessary and use it only for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
• Additionally, we also employ a number of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect
PII. Our secure servers and our data centers are protected by industry-standard encryption, and our servers reside behind firewalls and employ high-level password protection.
We seek to use reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards, and other security measures to protect personal information within our organization from growing threats. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless or wired network can be guaranteed to be
100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security
and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the contact methods provided below.
Section E. Cookies
We may also use an outside advertising partner to display banner advertisements on our Site. As part of their service, they will place a separate cookie on your computer. We and our third party ad server may collect and use Non-Personal Information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server and whether you responded to a particular ad.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset most browsers to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some aspects of the Site may not function properly if you elect to disable cookies.
Alpine Digital Group, Inc.
Post Office Box 18404
Golden, Colorado 80402
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Effective Date: May 15, 2012
Updated: December 15, 2022
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT THAT INCLUDES MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER CLAUSES THAT AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS AND LIMITS OUR LIABILITY. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY. BY USING OUR SITE, YOU ARE CONFIRMING YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS DESCRIBED HEREIN, YOU MUST LEAVE OUR SITE IMMEDIATELY.
NOTE: THIS SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. By using this site, you are confirming that you are above the age of 13.
1. Site and Service Description. The Site provides a referral that matches consumers with prospective service providing companies, depending upon your information, for the marketing of insurance products, home improvement and other consumer services (the “Service”). NOTE: We offer no guarantee whatsoever that any information provided by this Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, error-free, or appropriate. Site content is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only. We assume no liability for inaccuracy or incompleteness of any information on the Site or in any communications from us.
2. Trademark & Copyright. The trademarks, service marks, logos, and all Content (collectively, "Protected Content") used and displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered marks of the Company and others or are otherwise protected by copyright laws. Nothing on this website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without our prior, written permission. The Company hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited license to access and use the Site under the terms set forth below. The Site and the Content, including, but not limited to, text, data, reports, opinions, software (including HTML-based computer programs), images, photos, graphics, graphs, charts, animations and video displayed on the Site may be used only for your personal and non-commercial use. Except as otherwise permitted under these Terms and Conditions, you agree not to copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, or store any Content, in whole or in part, from the Site or to display, perform, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast or circulate any Content to anyone, or for any commercial purpose, without our express prior written consent.
3. Termination of License. We reserve the right to terminate the License granted herein and deny you access to the Site in our sole discretion, without any advance notice or liability to you and liability if we believe your conduct fails to conform with these Terms and Conditions. We also reserve the right to investigate suspected violations of these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, any violation arising from any e-mails you send to us. Any violation of these Terms and Conditions may be referred to law enforcement authorities. The termination of your License and account will not affect any additional right or relief to which we may be entitled, at law or in equity. Upon termination of these Term and Conditions, all rights granted to you will automatically terminate and immediately revert to the Company.
4. General Prohibitions. You may not do any of the following:
(a) Copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of the Site;
(b) Remove or obscure the copyright notice or other notices displayed in connection with the Content accessible through the Site;
(c) Interfere with or disrupt the Site, or servers and networks connected to the Site, or circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or that enforce limitations on use of the Site;
(d) Modify the Site in any manner or form, or use modified versions thereof;
(e) Sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Content accessible through the website,
(f) Use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Service for any purpose;
(g) Take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Site infrastructure as we may determine in our sole discretion; or
(h) Knowingly disseminate or transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code, programs or other similar technologies, or otherwise utilize the Service in any manner that violates any statute, rule, or regulation.
5. Advertisements and Links. The Site contains advertisements, offers, or other links to websites of third parties that we do not control. Any outbound links are provided solely for your reference, and are not to be viewed as an authorization, endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation by, of, or with such website. Note that advertisements and other information provided by third parties may not be wholly accurate, and the Company makes no representations whatsoever concerning such websites, or any products or services they may offer, and hereby disclaims any and all such representations. Any purchase transactions or other dealings with third parties referenced on this Site, including payment and delivery of purchased items, are solely between yourself and them. We are not responsible or liable for (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or advertisements; or (ii) the Content, products or services available from such sites. ANY VISITS TO WEBSITES THAT LINK TO OR ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
6. No Warranty. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY MAKES NO GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE SITE OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
7. Limitation of Liability & Release. In no event shall we be liable to you or any other party for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, however and wherever arising, that may result from your use of the Service, including without limitation to losses incurred due to: (a) any losses, injuries, or property damage, or death sustained as a direct or indirect consequence of your reliance upon the information provided by this Site; (b) your business dealings with any third party advertisers or marketing affiliates that link to this site; (c) damages or losses of any kind, including, without limitation, injuries or death, resulting from your purchase and use of any products purchased from marketing affiliates or advertisers; (d) any actions you take in reliance upon any information provided by the Site; and (e) any other damages or losses you may incur in connection with your use of the Service. IN NO EVENT WILL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED TEN UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($10.00).
The Company is not responsible for examining or evaluating the business practices, actions, omissions, or services of marketing affiliates whose products are featured on this Site. IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND A MARKETING AFFILIATE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU RELEASE THE COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST CLAIMS AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH A DISPUTE.
If you are a California resident, by using the Service, you explicitly waive the rights granted to you under California Civil Code 1542, which states: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." If you are a New Jersey resident, certain sections of these Terms and Conditions, including Sections 5, 6, and 7 may not apply to you pursuant to the New Jersey Truth in Consumer Contract, Warranty, and Notice Act. Additional states may not allow this exclusion or limitation of liability, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
9. Choice of Law; Forum. This document shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the United States and the State of Colorado, regardless of conflict of law rules. Any claim or dispute you may have against us, whether subject to mandatory arbitration or otherwise, must be brought in Denver, Colorado, except that arbitration proceedings may be conducted by telephone. For any matters not subject to mandatory arbitration, you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within the County of Denver, Colorado for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes. All claims filed or brought contrary to this section shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim improperly, we may recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, provided that we have notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim and you have failed to withdraw the claim promptly.
10. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. You agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims that arise out of or relate to your use of the Site. Therefore, you agree that, by using the Service, YOU ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS ACTION BASED ON OR INVOLVING CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC, OTHER USERS, OR PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED. This agreement to arbitrate includes, without limitation, claims arising out of or relating to the Service or your use thereof, regardless of when they may arise. Any arbitration proceeding brought under this section shall be conducted by an arbitration service provider chosen by us applying Colorado law. The arbitration may be conducted telephonically, with the costs to be split evenly between the parties.
11. Waiver of Do-Not-Call Rights. Your act of submitting a form on this Site constitutes a waiver of any rights you may have under state or federal Do-Not-Call (DNC) Registry statutes, including (but not limited to) the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991. You are agreeing to be contacted at the number you provided regardless of whether such number is listed on any state or federal DNC Registry, and regardless of whether it is a cellular phone or landline. Any proceedings to resolve or litigate any manner of claim you may bring against us, participating attorneys and law firms, or our affiliates or marketing partners will be conducted solely on an individual basis in a binding arbitration proceeding as set forth elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions.
12. Limitation of Actions. Any claim or cause of action arising out of your use of the Site or Service must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or it shall forever be barred, notwithstanding any statute of limitations or other law to the contrary. Within this period, any failure by the Company to enforce or exercise any provision of these Terms and Conditions or any related right shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
13. Modification and Notice of Changes. The Company reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. If we elect to modify these Terms, we will post a notice informing users of the change on the Site. You are responsible for reviewing the modified Terms and Conditions and accessing this Site after any changes to these Terms have been posted thereon will constitute your acceptance of all such changes. You have the right to accept or reject any changes in these Terms. If you reject any changes in these Terms, please discontinue use of the Site immediately. Unless specifically stated otherwise, any new features, products or services added to the Site shall be subject to these Terms. Some new products or features may require your acceptance of new or additional terms before use.
14. Entire Agreement. This Terms and Conditions and any document incorporated by reference herein constitute the entire agreement between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between us.
15. Severability. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court or other binding authority to be invalid, the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
16. Disclosure. This is an advertising referral and comparison service that matches consumers with prospective insurance agents and companies depending upon your information. The operator of this website is not an insurance company, an agent, a provider, a broker, a representative, a bank, or a financial or lending institution. We do not represent any specific insurance provider and do not provide insurance or financial quotes, or policies. The service is not used for insurance or credit decisions. Quotes are provided by independent participating insurance agents and companies that participate in network. Lowest advertised rates may vary and are not necessarily available from all participating service providers. By submitting your information, you expressly consent to be contacted by a representative, an insurance agent or insurance company. Providing your information does not guarantee that you will be accepted by a participating provider. We do not have access to the terms of your insurance plan and disclaim liability for, without limitation, any product, service, plan or provider. For details, questions or concerns regarding your plan, please contact your third-party provider or agent, directly. We do not endorse or charge you for any product or service. Any compensation received is paid by participating providers and only for advertising services provided. This service is void where prohibited. We are not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or any federal insurance program. This service does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation in connection with any product or service. This service and these disclosures are provided to you for information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for informed professional advice.
If you have questions, or would like additional information about these Terms and Conditions, please contact the Company at email@example.com, or at Post Office Box #18404, Golden, Colorado 80402.
We appreciate any feedback you would like to share including comments, suggestions, or questions regarding the SelectMyPolicy.com OR the SelectMyQuotes.com website.
Attention: Consumer Services
P.O. Box #18404
Golden, Colorado 80402